Alpha Guardian offers “Peace of Mind” to consumers through our core brands; Cannon Safe, Stack-On and GunVault within a variety of product categories of secure organization. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward-thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products at a price that meets the need of the end user.
The Director of Category Management serves as an analytic, category management and consumer insights expert using the category management process as a decision platform for all initiatives designed to drive new channel distribution and optimize existing channel distribution, pricing, promotional mix for specific brands and categories. Working with Sales and Marketing, this position will provide category management assistance to top strategic accounts, consumer insights to Product Development, Marketing, and fact-based selling to the Sales Department to achieve profit margins, pricing targets and overall volume growth of each category.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize category management skills and understanding to deliver against category and brand volume, market share, and profit objectives.
- Develop and manage all consumption, shipment, and consumer-based information within each category that are disseminated to sales, marketing, and senior leadership.
- Work with sales and marketing to develop recommendations for products or Retailer product mix, pricing, promotion and merchandising for Customer Line Reviews.
- Provide department assistance in developing fact and consumer-based selling stories on new items, promotional planning, “fix the product mix” opportunities, merchandising optimization, and pricing initiatives.
- Work with Marketing to utilize category and consumer management insights to help drive overall product launch and pricing strategy.
- Identify unmet consumer needs and participate in cross-functional teams to develop product, service, and market-space solutions to address those needs.
- Contribute to insight driven innovation sessions to stimulate internal idea generation.
- Communicate relevant industry trending information to key internal stakeholders.
- Validate and maintain database integrity by providing updated category and product information to internal and external customers.
- Perform special projects or assignments as requested by Senior Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Product Development or Retail Buyer.
- Lead employees through effective hiring, orientating, training, mentoring and coaching. Provide ongoing recognition, feedback, and development, holding staff accountable for success. Identify and mentor future organizational leaders. Ensure appropriate resources are provided to staff. Develop a staffing plan that meets both consumer expectations and financial constraints. Create an environment where employee feedback facilitates positive change.
- Provide leadership to direct reports in the execution of work plans and long and short-term goals. Implement department level infrastructure and changes to supporting processes and systems. Ensure solutions to department level challenges are implemented. Set, implement and complete department goals through established processes and SOP’s.
Education and Experience Profile
- Education: Preferably you have Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field. If not, you have the actual work experience in the field.
- Experience: You have 8 plus years of experience in category or product management.
- Leadership: You have managed humans and are excited to coach, mentor and lead a team of category managers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – a “critical thinker”.
- Thorough understanding of current category product sales and various industry trends.
- Working knowledge of category management software.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work to meet deadlines is essential to be successful in this position.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Travel in the U.S. and Internationally is required for this position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@AlphaGuardian.com